Unfortunately, many people still choose to get behind the wheel after having too much to drink.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 2003 and 2012, 3,637 people were killed in crashes involving a drunk driver in Ohio.
In order to increase awareness about the risks of drunk driving, we want to hear from students what they would do to discourage drunk driving by people in their communities.
Essay prompt: In 200-300 words, explain a campaign you would run to increase awareness and reduce drunk driving in your community.
- Do you want to provide coupons for rideshare programs?
- Do you want to provide presentations?
- We want to hear your ideas for keeping your community safe from drunk driving.
The best essay will receive $1,000 towards their tuition courtesy of Gounaris Abboud, LPA.
Applicants must be EITHER (1) out-going high school seniors (graduating summer 2020) OR (2) students currently enrolled in a college, trade school, or university as of the start of the fall 2020 semester.
- Applicants must submit their essay by August 1, 2020
- The winner will be selected by August 15, 2020
In order to qualify for the scholarship contest, you will need to submit the following information:
- Your name
- A valid email address
- Phone number
- A copy of your transcript or proof of enrollment
- A valid photo ID
- Your 200-300 word essay in Word document (.doc, .docx) format
Thanks for choosing Gounaris Abboud LPA!