Arrested for domestic violence? Call 937-222-1515.
To be charged with domestic violence can leave you with a stigma that affects your entire life.
If you face these charges, you need the top criminal defense attorney in Dayton to represent you.
At our Dayton criminal defense firm, you can get former prosecutors and a former judge on your side.
Why choose our domestic violence lawyers?
- Backed by over 50 years’ combined experience, our attorneys have each achieved:
- Perfect 10.0 Superb Ratings from Avvo
- Selection for Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Inclusion in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
What you do after the initial charges can affect the outcome of your case, and a domestic violence defense lawyer with Gounaris Abboud, LPA can assist and guide you in this matter.
Understanding Domestic Violence Charges in Ohio
- According to Ohio law, the prohibitions against domestic violence include:
- No one can purposefully cause or try to cause injury to a relative or household member.
- No one can cause serious bodily injury to a relative or household member through recklessness
- No one can threaten a relative or household member with physical harm
The penalty for a first-time charge of misdemeanor domestic violence is a $1,000 fine and 6 months in jail. Ohio also has enhanced penalties for a second offense, even if it comes years later, meaning that a second domestic violence charge is a felony punishable by 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine.
Our Ohio defense firm is experienced in the sensitive issues surrounding a domestic violence case, even complex ones that involve sex crime charges.
We can use this experience to challenge the evidence and pursue the most favorable results.
When you have been accused of or charged with domestic violence, you can rely on our criminal defense lawyers in Dayton. Start your defense today.