There Are TWO Important Times to Contact an Ohio Federal Crime Attorney
First, if you HAVE NOT yet been charged BUT are:
- If you are the subject of an investigation by a federal law enforcement agency then you cannot afford any delay in retaining legal representation. If you have been contacted by a federal agency or task force officer and have not yet been charged with a criminal offense, contact an Ohio Federal Crime Attorney prior to speaking or giving any type of statement.
- If a search has been executed at your home or at your place of business, contact an Ohio Federal Crime Attorney to discuss your options and your rights.
Finally, if you’ve received a “target” letter from a United States Attorney, it is imperative to have a lawyer in place as soon as possible in order to protect your rights and ensure that nothing you do or say incriminates you.
- Second, if you HAVE been charged with a federal criminal offense then you need to immediately contact an Ohio Federal Crime Attorney. It is imperative to have an Ohio Federal Crime Attorney in place prior to your initial appearance or your arraignment.
The first steps in a case involving the setting of bail and an experienced Ohio Federal Crime Attorney who has knowledge of the Bail Reform Act of 1984 can assist while you and your family work with the Federal Pretrial Services Officer during this important first stage.
By hiring a skilled Ohio Federal Crime Attorney now, you may be able to negotiate a favorable plea bargain or potentially secure an exoneration or dismissal. Our experience enables us to effectively and passionately defend the rights of our clients.
Call or visit our firm for a free, confidential consultation to discuss your situation and learn about strategies that can be used in your defense.
Our Experience Matters
The lawyers at Gounaris Abboud, LPA have handled hundreds of cases in federal court and it is important to hire an Ohio Federal Crime Attorney who has experience. There is a big difference between State and Federal prosecutions and choosing the right lawyer is an important first step. The law and courtroom procedures vary tremendously between the two legal systems and an inexperienced lawyer can cost a client decades in prison if cases aren’t handled correctly.
Some lawyers handle a federal case every once in a while. However, both Nicholas Gounaris and Tony Abboud appear weekly in federal court representing our clients. Nicholas Gounaris served as the President of the Federal Bar Association in Dayton and that experience has proved to be invaluable in providing representation to the clients of Gounaris Abboud, LPA.
The Tools to Be a Successful – In-House Investigator
The law firm of Gounaris Abboud, LPA has on its staff a former federal investigator who assists in all aspects of case evaluation and case preparation.
Ask the Right Questions
When choosing an Ohio Federal Crime Lawyer to handle your federal case it is important to ask the following questions:
- How regularly an attorney appears in federal court;
- How many federal cases they have handled? (Since 1999 many case files have been kept and are available through the internet-based PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) system. PACER allows anyone with an account to search and locates records. When interviewing a possible lawyer for your federal case, ask that lawyer to provide you with a copy of a PACER search that shows you just how many cases they’ve handled.);
- How familiar are they with the Federal Sentencing Guidelines? And when was the last time they attended a Seminar on the latest guideline changes;
- Explain the difference between the advisory sentencing guidelines and the statutory penalties;
- Ask if they have a former federal investigator on staff to assist with your case.
Previous Client Testimonial
5 / 5 stars …Because of the advice given to me by Nicholas Gounaris, the final outcome of my case is better than what it could have been and much better than what my family and I expected. I recommend Nicholas Gounaris for his knowledge, integrity, and reputation! Carlos
Types of Cases We Handle
- Drug Offenses
- Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- Gun Violations
- Internet Sex Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
If you have further questions or would like to discuss your case with a legal professional, do not hesitate to contact a member of our firm. We look forward to hearing from you.