Where Do I Go for Treatment for My Injuries?

If you are experiencing pain at the scene of the accident, you should get treatment from the ambulance or EMS personnel at the scene. Describe your symptoms as accurately as possible. If no ambulance is available, you should go to the nearest emergency room for treatment. The emergency room doctors may recommend follow up treatment. If so, contact your family doctor as soon as possible to schedule a follow up appointment. If you do not have a family doctor, you can call CareFinders at (866) 608-FIND (3463). You could also search the web at www.healthgrades.com, www.ohioafp.org, or www.med.ohio.gov. Of course, referrals from family and friends are always helpful.

With some types of injuries, other treatment options may be helpful. Many patients who are diagnosed with soft tissue, whiplash, or sprain and strain injuries seek treatment with chiropractors. If you cannot obtain a referral to a chiropractor from a family member or friend, you can find many good chiropractors in the yellow pages. You can also search the web for a chiropractor. The Ohio State Chiropractic Board can be found at chirobd.ohio.gov. The Ohio State Chiropractic Association can be found at www.oscachiro.org.