Dayton's Premiere Family Law Attorneys

Dedicated Assistance with Divorce and Child Custody

At Gounaris Abboud, LPA, we are an experienced Dayton, Ohio divorce and family law firm that zealously represents its clients in all family law matters. Whether you have a divorce, dissolution, child custody or child support matter, our Dayton family lawyers can be by your side through every step of the process.

Our experienced family law team understands the difficulty and sensitivity of a family related issue and is prepared to do whatever it takes to guide their clients to a reasonable resolution in any family law matter. We understand that your family is likely the most important element of your life, which is why we are willing to fight for the best possible result.

Schedule a free case evaluation today by calling (937) 660-8429 today!

Our results-driven firm is ready to fight for you!

Our legal team at Gounaris Abboud, LPA is a dedicated, caring and a result proven legal firm that takes pride in being Dayton, Ohio's Premiere family law attorneys. Our attorneys are no strangers in the courtroom, with more than five decades of combined legal experience, we can litigate every matter to ensure that we take every necessary measure to obtain the maximum result desired on behalf of our clients.

In all areas of family law, we handle our clients' cases with the utmost confidence and fight for the best possible results. Our goal is to make sure that our client's rights are protected in every phase of the process. We also understand that this is an emotional time and we consider this for every client that we represent.

Frequently Asked Questions About Family Law

Protecting the rights of our clients during their difficult family law cases is the passion of our firm. To effectively accomplish this goal, we need to answer their questions to ensure that they are confident in the process. Below, we have answered a few preliminary frequently asked questions as a starting point. Throughout your legal journey, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for the answers and guidance you need.

How to Decide Between a Divorce and Dissolution?
Before you speak with a family law attorney in Dayton, Ohio you need to decide whether you want a divorce or dissolution. If you and your spouse are having marital differences and decide to terminate your marriage, then there are two ways to accomplish this.

If all parties agree to the terms of the separation, you can hire one of our experienced Dayton dissolution attorneys to prepare all the necessary documents, including a petition for dissolution that will be filed with the clerk in the appropriate county. Within 30 days of filing your petition, you will receive a court date to finalize your petition for dissolution in front of a judge. This is the easiest and fasted way to dissolve your marriage. Several issues, both procedurally and substantive, will need to be discussed. Our firm is more than happy to discuss these issues with you!

In the case that the parties are not in agreement, one party usually files a complaint for divorce through an experienced divorce attorney like one at Gounaris Abboud, LPA. Once a complaint for divorce is filed, the opposing party has 28 days to file an answer. The divorce process, pending any possible settlement between the parties, could take several months to resolve. If the parties do not come to terms of the divorce, then a trial is held before a domestic relations judge to resolve any disputed issues between the parties. As with dissolution, there are many procedural and substantive issues that you'll need to discuss with us.

The best way to decide if a dissolution or divorce is right for you is to contact the Ohio family and divorce law firm office of Gounaris Abboud, LPA, to speak with an experienced divorce and dissolution attorney.

My spouse obtained a divorce without my presence and now has custody of my child. Is there anything I can do?
In a divorce proceeding, if a complaint for divorce is filed and service is obtained, the opposing party has 28 days to answer the complaint. If the opposing party does not answer, the court will set the matter for a non-contested divorce. In a non-contested divorce, the court will usually grant all that is requested to the party seeking the divorce. In this case, the opposing party can file a Motion to Vacate the Judgment, under Ohio Civil Rule 60 (B) asking the court to vacate the judgment and reopen the matter. This is, however, a drastic step and one that we recommend involves an experienced attorney.

If this has happened to you, then you need to contact the experienced family law attorneys and lawyers of Gounaris Abboud, LPA to seek an immediate consultation to determine if your case is eligible to be reopened.

How do I get started with my family law case?

If you are in need for a family law attorney, call Gounaris Abboud, LPA for your free consultation. Remember, time is of the essence in all family law matters. Do not face a family law matter without knowing your rights.

Our attorneys are licensed to practice in the State of Ohio and concentrate their family law practice in the following Ohio counties: Montgomery, Greene, Miami, Warren, Butler, Preble, Darke, Logan, Clinton, Shelby, Champaign, Clark, Clermont and Hamilton, Ohio.

Contact our Dayton family lawyers for your free case analysis at (937) 660-8429.